1. Listen to music
- Go listen to your favorite artist/band or try out a new one.
- What I’m Listening To: Kendrick Lamar : Damn Album & Russ : There’s Really A Wolf Album
- When you’re stressed relaxing your body is one of the best things you can do. You don’t need anything fancy to do yoga. Just pick and spot and get started. If you don’t know how to start then go on YouTube for helpful videos.
3. Watch your favorite movie or tv show
- Sometimes Netflix can cure whatever is wrong. Go get comfortable and turn on Netflix, Hulu or the television. Watch a show or movie that makes you happy. Make sure you don’t get too caught up. No show/movie should consume your life.
- What I’m Watching: The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu), Harlots (Hulu), Dear White People (Netflix) & Haters Back Off! (Netflix)
4. Connect with friends and family
- Being around people who support and care for you can really relax you. Sometimes it’s nice to just take a day to hangout with family or friends. If you can’t take a day, like most people can’t, then try going out for dinner or lunch. Just inviting friends or family over for a talk can help. Lastly, make sure the people you are surrounding yourself with aren’t the ones stressing you out. If they are then try to take time away from them.
5. Go outside
- Sometimes all you need is a little fresh air. Today people don’t spend enough time outside. There’s so much to do and we need to appreciate the Earth. Go take a walk or ride a bike. Sitting outside and reading is something simple that can really de-stress you. If you like photography then go out and take photos. There are countless ways to de-stress with nature.
* 5 Things will be a series of random posts that include 5 things. Stay tuned for more stories!